After waiting for what seems to be a lifetime, you finally have found the right man and he has asked you to marry him. Now that you will soon become a wife to the man of your dreams, you won’t let anything ruin that special day, and you know how important wedding planning is from this moment on.
What are the things that you have to consider in planning for the big day? To help you remember every vital detail to make the event successful, happy and unforgettable, here are some of the vital things and reminders that you should not take for granted.
1. The date. You may have your preference, like your birthday or your anniversary, but you have to check the venue and the church first to make sure that they can still accommodate you on this schedule. If it is going to be a church wedding, you have to go to the location to check the availability of the date. While at it, ask about the pre-requisites, like how many days should be allotted on seminars or what other documents should you prepare and the fees that you have to pay.
Your partner will likely go along with whatever you want, including the day that you have chosen for this event. Even if this is the case, you should still update them about the latest changes on the plans to make sure that their own schedule won’t be jeopardized by these sudden changes.
2. People. Before you get to the printing shop to have the invitations done, you should create a list of guests so that you will have an idea how many people are you going to invite on your wedding. This way, you can have enough invitations to be printed. This will reduce the time that you will be wasting if you are going to have certain copies of invitations printed, only to find out later on that you need more.
3. Budget. Before proceeding with the rest of the plan, talk with your partner how much you two are willing to spend on this event. If you cannot allot so much money, it will be best to settle for simple events. You have to remember that soon, you are going to start a new life and this is when you will need enough resources to build a home and start a family or simply enjoy your lives together.
4. Venue. After you are certain about the budget, you can then choose the kind of venue that can be accommodated with your allotted money. Along with this, you should start planning about the food, flowers and other decors that will be utilized on the place. Most venues would offer you packages that include food and decors according to what you can afford.
5. Let other people know. After you have everything on paper and you are certain about the plans, you should start giving out the invitations to people whom you want to be there on your special day.
Wedding planning is hard, especially because you have to think about so many things all at once. This can also be fun, nonetheless, so make the most out of it. You have to enjoy the process to make it memorable and the wedding worth the planning and the wait.